Thaddeus (Ted) Dryja, a pioneer in the field of retinal genetic diseases, joins the Company’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Dr. Dryja will play a key strategic role in the development and advancement of ProQR’s growing ophthalmology pipeline.
“Ted is a pioneer in retinal genetic diseases, having made a number of key discoveries during his decades-long career. His extensive background in academia and the clinic will be of substantial value to ProQR as we continue developing our RNA based therapeutics for a growing number of ophthalmic indications,” said
“ProQR’s RNA-based approach offers significant potential for treating rare and debilitating ophthalmologic indications,” said Dr. Dryja. “I look forward to working with ProQR’s management team and fellow members of the
ProQR’s ophthalmology pipeline includes the following:
- QR-110 for Leber’s congenital amaurosis 10 (LCA 10) due to the p.Cys998X mutation, which received IND and CTA clearance and is in clinical development (PQ-110-001 Phase 1/2 safety and efficacy study) with interim data expected in 2018, and full-data in 2019. QR-110 was also granted Fast Track designation by the
FDAand orphan drug designation by the FDAand EMA.
- QR-421 for Usher syndrome type 2 due to exon 13 mutations in the USH2A gene, for which a clinical candidate has been selected and is ready for IND enabling development studies.
- QR-411 for Usher syndrome type 2 due to the c.7595-2144A>G in the USH2A gene, for which a clinical candidate has been selected and is ready for IND enabling development studies. QR-411 also received orphan drug designation by the
- QRX-1011 for Stargardt’s disease due to c.5461-10T>C mutations in the ABCA4 gene, which is in optimization phase.
- QRX-504 for Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy (FECD), for which a clinical candidate has been selected and is ready for IND enabling development studies.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, which are often indicated by terms such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “goal,” “intend,” “look forward to”, “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “project,” “should,” “will,” “would” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information available to management only as of the date of this press release. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding our SAB members, and statements regarding our ongoing and planned discovery and development of our pipeline, including our clinical trials and timing of results and the advancement of our novel and proprietary technologies. Our actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements for many reasons, including, without limitation, risks associated with our clinical development activities, manufacturing processes and facilities, regulatory oversight, product commercialization, intellectual property claims, and the risks, uncertainties and other factors in our filings made with the
Investor and Media Contact:
T: +1 858 245 3983
Source: ProQR Therapeutics N.V.